New discovery evidence has been released by the Florida State Attorney’s Office in the George Zimmerman criminal trial.
The new evidence released on Tuesday included a dossier that, among other things, contains a “computer voice stress test” in which a computer monitored Zimmerman’s voice during a special question-and-answer session on the late February shooting of unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin.
Also released on Tuesday was an hour-long police interrogation video in which Zimmerman is questioned about the shooting.
"It seemed to me that a lot of the people in the neighborhood that I talked to were glad that George Zimmerman was on neighborhood watch. Not very many of them knew that he had carried a gun though."
Reuters reporter Chris Francescani talks about his profile of Trayvon Martin shooter George Zimmerman, which you can read here.
George Zimmerman’s wife and father told a court on Friday he was a non-violent person and they would help ensure he does not flee should he be released on bail for a second-degree murder charge in the death of black Florida teenager Trayvon Martin.
"I’ve never known him to be violent at all, unless he was provoked, and then he would turn the other cheek," father Robert Zimmerman testified under defense questioning at a Florida court.
Zimmerman’s lawyer Mark O’Mara was attempting to get his client released on bail in a case that has captivated the United States and prompted civil rights demonstrations around the country.
Zimmerman, 28, shot and killed the unarmed Martin, 17, in what he said was self-defense following a confrontation in a gated community in the central Florida city of Sanford on February 26.
READ MORE: Family says Zimmerman non-violent
Lawyers withdraw after George Zimmerman allegedly goes rogue
The lawyers representing George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch volunteer who shot and killed unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin but has not been arrested, on Tuesday said they have withdrawn from the case after losing contact with Zimmerman.
Attorneys Craig Sonner and Hal Uhrig said they were concerned that Zimmerman had telephoned the special prosecutor probing the case directly, set up a legal defense fund website and may have spoken with Fox Television commentator Sean Hannity, all without their knowledge.
"We have lost contact with him," attorney Craig Sonner said at a press conference outside the Seminole County Courthouse.
No grand jury investigation in Trayvon Martin shooting
The special prosecutor in the investigation of the shooting death of unarmed Florida teenager Trayvon Martin has ruled out using a grand jury to investigate the case, meaning her office alone will decide whether to charge shooter George Zimmerman.
The case has captured national attention, largely because of race. Martin was black and Zimmerman, who has not been charged, is white and Hispanic. The state attorney who was previously investigating the shooting, Norm Wolfinger, had said the case would go to a grand jury on April 10, but Wolfinger removed himself from the case on March 22 and was replaced by Angela Corey.
"State Attorney Angela Corey has decided not to use a grand jury in the Trayvon Martin shooting death investigation," her office said in a statement.