A Republican-led committee of the House of Representatives plans to vote on Wednesday on charging Attorney General Eric Holder with contempt of Congress, an aide to the panel said.
The move comes after the Justice Department asked the White House to exert executive privilege and thus prohibit the release of some documents to the panel concerning oversight of a failed gun-running investigation.
For months, the committee and the Justice Department have been in negotiations over documents related to federal law enforcement’s handling of the “Fast and Furious” probe of guns heading from the United States into Mexico and then being used by Mexican drug cartels.
9 Notes/ Hide
- timburrintheheartland reblogged this from reuters and added:
- fuckyeah-black-excellence reblogged this from reuters
- newsfloozie reblogged this from reuters
- kuwaitigenius reblogged this from reuters and added:
- granoladiscourse likes this
- kaliem reblogged this from reuters
- reuters posted this