Exclusive: North Korea’s nuclear test ready “soon”
North Korea has almost completed preparations for a third nuclear test, a senior source with close ties to Pyongyang and Beijing told Reuters, which will draw further international condemnation following a failed rocket launch if it goes ahead.
The isolated and impoverished state sacrificed the chance of closer ties with the United States when it launched the long-range rocket on April 13 and was censured by the U.N. Security Council, including the North’s sole major ally, China.
Critics say the rocket launch was aimed at honing the North’s ability to develop an intercontinental ballistic missile capable of hitting the United States, a move that would dramatically increase its military and diplomatic heft.
Now the North appears to be about to carry out a third nuclear test after two in 2006 and 2009.
32 Notes/ Hide
- alythebird likes this
- btx91 likes this
- filmes-no likes this
- pocoloco1021 reblogged this from jacony
- junmyk reblogged this from saitamanodoruji
- sworddance reblogged this from galiya
- saitamanodoruji reblogged this from galiya
- galiya reblogged this from jacony
- mrkushu reblogged this from jacony
- drooskie likes this
- bigyawn reblogged this from jacony
- jacony reblogged this from reuters
- seymourbuhts likes this
- snitchtothesuture likes this
- justamynow likes this
- ninjatengu likes this
- youthinprotest reblogged this from reuters
- fknabert reblogged this from reuters
- strawhatlouis reblogged this from reuters
- luxuryaccommodations likes this
- sierra7 reblogged this from reuters
- taylorlorenz likes this
- talmidaadelstein reblogged this from reuters
- talmidaadelstein likes this
- vinegarwilliams reblogged this from reuters
- vinegarwilliams likes this
- reuters posted this