George Zimmerman’s wife and father told a court on Friday he was a non-violent person and they would help ensure he does not flee should he be released on bail for a second-degree murder charge in the death of black Florida teenager Trayvon Martin.
“I’ve never known him to be violent at all, unless he was provoked, and then he would turn the other cheek,” father Robert Zimmerman testified under defense questioning at a Florida court.
Zimmerman’s lawyer Mark O’Mara was attempting to get his client released on bail in a case that has captivated the United States and prompted civil rights demonstrations around the country.
Zimmerman, 28, shot and killed the unarmed Martin, 17, in what he said was self-defense following a confrontation in a gated community in the central Florida city of Sanford on February 26.
READ MORE: Family says Zimmerman non-violent
16 Notes/ Hide
- learnthinkact reblogged this from reuters
- capturethecastle reblogged this from iamthecrime
- pornwhore reblogged this from reuters
- anaccident likes this
- jesseparent likes this
- didyoueatallthisacid reblogged this from iamthecrime
- courtofsatyrs reblogged this from reuters
- courtofsatyrs likes this
- liquidiousfleshbag likes this
- kathryninstereo reblogged this from iamthecrime
- iamthecrime reblogged this from reuters and added:
- tehnikumapuika likes this
- d43d41u5 likes this
- reuters posted this