Unexpected sequel of the day: Rudy Ruettiger, the Notre Dame football walk-on and inspiration for the Sean Astin movie “Rudy,” just had to settle with the Securities and Exchange Commission — getting fined $382,000 for turning his Gatorade challenger “Rudy” into a penny stock pump-and-dump scheme that drew $11 million in illicit profits, hundreds of thousands of which went to the feel-good icon. In the end, the hardworking runt sold more stocks than he did beverages. “Investors were lured into the scheme by Mr. Ruettiger’s well-known, feel-good story but found themselves in a situation that did not have a happy ending,” said the sound-bite-ready Scott W. Friestad of the SEC’s enforcement division. That feel-good story doesn’t feel so good anymore now, does it?
21 Notes/ Hide
- investment-portfolio likes this
- itscleariwillpersevere likes this
- texasamaggies reblogged this from shortformblog
- uofacrimsontide likes this
- underdog19 reblogged this from shortformblog and added:
- sayandrew likes this
- wedding-dress-bridal likes this
- nickturse reblogged this from reuters
- techgent reblogged this from shortformblog
- abandonedsandals said: Anyone from Joliet will tell you what a shameless self-promoter this guy is. It’s not and never was like the movie version.
- bigdudebigcity likes this
- le-ira-mal-a-mariel likes this
- reuters reblogged this from shortformblog
- oldmanyellsatcloud said: Yikes.
- ethanpaul likes this
- savagemike said: Samwise Gamgee, how could you???
- haikumblr reblogged this from shortformblog
- jamie-reads-thenews reblogged this from shortformblog
- shortformblog posted this